The Energy Commodity Trading & Financial Engineering (hereafter ECTFE) is not only a professional curriculum to predict the factors that affect the energy commodity markets, but also recognized as a first Korean PSM program. We educate the knowledge and technology of energy commodity trading such as energy value chain, investment, risk management, and financial engineeirng. Through an expert lectures, exceptional quality and variety of international cooperation programs, we support students to grow as global professional traders.
Certified interdisciplinary program with various professional and practical education
The unique interdisciplinary program focused on energy supply chain and financial engineering skills
First certified PSM program in Korea
Experienced full-time faculty members such as quants, traders, fund managers, and risk managers
Practical lectures by former/present global oil traders and consultants
Cooperation in education with global and national company such as Argus, SMU, KNOC and SK energy
Responsible for leading "Northeast Asia oil hub" project with MOTIE, KNOC and Ulsan City
- Argus is an independent media organization with more than 600 full time staff. It is headquartered in London and has offices in each of the world’s principal commodity centres. Its main activities comprise publishing market reports containing price assessments, market commentary and news, and business intelligence reports that analyze market and industry trends.
- Argus is a leading provider of data on prices and fundamentals, news, analysis, consultancy services and conferences for the global crude, oil products, LPG, natural gas, electricity, coal, emissions, bioenergy, fertilizer, petrochemical, metals and transportation industries.
International Trading Institute at Singapore Management University
- UNIST and SMU(Singapore Management University) signed MOU on 2014. From the MOU, we have curriculum and active student exchange program. Especially in Advanced Certificate in Trading Program, you can experience an effective education for global trader training by visiting various terminal sites and given lectures by SMU campus faculty members.
Advisory Board in ECTFE
- Sung-Ki Ha (S-OIL Senior Vice-President)
- Kyeong-Pyo Ryu (S-OIL Vice-President)
- Moo-Yong Yoon (S-OIL Director)
- In-Gil Shin (SK Energy Head of Production Management Division)
- Wan-Soon Lee (SK Energy Head of Petroleum Production Division)
- Hong-Yeul Lee (Senior Vice-President of Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.)